The narrow entrance to the mine.

Tombo Isgruva

  • Visiting address: Tombo Gruva, 777 81 Smedjebacken

During the 1700´s the mining started in Tombo. The mine closed in 1918. Nowadays the mine is famous as a place where ice is to be found all year round.



Tombo isgruva is situated between Söderbärke and Björsjö. The easiest access is by car. The mine is to be found a short walk from the carpark.