A river in the front, on the other side of the river a grey stonehouse with black roof.

The Silverfoundry

Show map

Although silver could have been extracted from the Great Copper Mountain since time immemorial, it was not until 1788 that the decision was taken to build a silver-works at Falun. The existing works was built entirely of slag bricks in 1884 and was in use until 1920.

Show more Show less