Linné's wedding cottage and garden
- Price information: Free entrancé
- Phone: +46 023-821 62
- Website: http://www.falun.se/varldsarvet-falun/sevardheter/linnes-brollopsstuga.html
- Contact person name: Christina Staberg
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visiting address: Svedens gård Postal Address: 791 96 Falun
- Hours: 2019, the Cottage is open between 26 june - 11 august. Wednesday - Sunday 10.00-15.30.
Visit Svedens gård this summer! Welcome to an old homesteader's estate with historical connections. It was here that the botanist Carl von Linnaeus celebrated his wedding to Sara Elisabeth Morea in 1739.
Inside, the cottage is adorned with a mural depicting the story of King David, while outside the cottage garden is rich in flowers which, it will not come as a surprise, are closely associated with the famous guest.
There are also a number of "angel" trees, such as ash, maple and lime, which, according to Swedish folklore, have been bestowed with the power to protect those living there from accidents and illness. Sveden is also the birthplace of Jesper Svedberg, a bishop, and his philosopher son, Emanuel Swedenborg.
A guide is available during opening hours. Outside opening hours, you can book a guide through phone or email above. The garden behind the cottage is always open for visitors.
During summer there is a garden café.
Faciliteter och service
By Svedens Gård 6 km east of Falun towards Sundborn.