Stora Kopparbergs Church
- Phone: 023-70 20 00
- Website: http://www.svenskakyrkan.se/falun
- Contact person name: Guidade turer: 070-647 08 66
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visiting address: Seminariegatan 1, 79133 Falun
As far as we can tell, the Stora Kopparbergs Church, which is located at Södra Kyrkbacken on the outskirts of the town centre, was built in the 1300-1400s, making it the oldest known building in Falun.
For centuries it was used by the homesteaders and has been extended and altered several times over the years. Its style is clearly Gothic. "Fet Mats", the petrified miner, is buried in this graveyard. He died in 1677 but was buried here in 1930.
Good to know
- Accessible for visually impaired