- Price information: Free admission
- Phone: +4623-666 55 00
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visiting address: Stigaregatan 2-4 , 791 21 Falun
- Opening hours: 2020: Closed 31th of August - 4th of December. Reopens the 5th of December.
Dalarna museum in Falun is a county museum where the cultural treasures and history of Dalarna are presented in an accessible manner for all ages and interests. Dalarna traditions and history has a special place in the hearts of Swedes, and this becomes apparent as you wander through this large and well-presented museum.
The museum has one of Sweden’s biggest collections of Dalarna folk paintings, folk music, folk costumes, handicrafts and prints. The museum started collecting objects in 1862 and it now has 20,000 groups, with around 60,000 objects in total – you won’t see all of them, but you can try.
Selma Lagerlöf´s library from her home in Falun has been rebuilt in the museum.
There is also a museum shop with gifts for all occasions and celebrations. Among other things, there are gift items, souvenirs, dala horses of different sizes and colors. There is also a selection of literature with Dala connection.
Good to know
- Accessible Parking
- WC facilities for disabled
- Accessible for visually impaired
- Culture Route