- Hours: Rotensugnet Nature Reserve is located in Älvdalen's shooting range. Be sure to check that there is no shooting exercise there before you go there. See information at: www.forsvarsmakten.se or call 070-23 77 667
Nature reserve & Natura 2000 area.
With large areas of natural forest and Rotälven and Rällan flowing through the nature reserve its formed this deep canyonlike fissures that form a beautiful waterfall before the confluence. Natural forests have been ravaged by forest fires over the years. In 2005 the old shed burnt down and a new one was made. It is possible to walk in the area and see the old dammwall with sluice gates that once made it possible to transport the timber past the waterfall on the floating pipe.
To get a good view, just follow the path below Rotensugnet and cross Rällån via footbridge and follow uphill Älåsen. The trail is about 3 km.
Within the reserve it is not allowed to ...
- Do damage to the soil or geological objects
- damage living or dead
- standing or fallen
- trees and bushes
- pick or dig up flowers, mosses, lichens and wood fungi / mushrooms
- fire on anything other than the designated spot
- implantation of the area alien plant - or species
- drive a motor vehicle in the terrain. Driving may be made in connection with rescue operations.
- disturb wildlife such as by climbing the nest trees or knowingly reside closer to a prediatorial birdnest, den or burrow than 100 meters
- bring unleashed dogs.
Faciliteter och service
From Älvdalen center: Drive RV70 towards Särna. Turn right in Rot towards Sveg. Turn left towards Sveg. Turn left towards Navardalen across the bridge at Jöllen. Follow the road until there is a sign to the right towards the Root Oven. Follow the road to Rotensugnet and turn right towards Trollbäcken. After a couple of hundred meters you come to the Rotensugnet Nature Reserve.