Quoted fly fishing in Storån
Season 2019: June 8 - August 31
Choose to book only fishing license or fishing license with accommodation.
Storån ranges in a varied landscape in northern Dalarna between Särsjön in the northwest and down where Töfsingån has it's outlet in the southeast. North of Storån lies the magnificent National Park Töfsingdalen with a nearly unaffected natural forest with pines at the age of 400 years! The area has long been frequented by fishermen.In Storån, only fly fishing applies. As Storån is located in a nature reserve, additional regulations apply to visitors.
Practical details such as keys, information of the trail system in the area is provided by the landlord in Hävlingen.
email@example.com or by phone: +46 (0)70-784 25 25.
Fishing license 2019: 15 week licenses and 5 short week/weekend licenses. The fishing licenses will be sent by email as a PDF 2 weeks before arrival day.
Below you will find the fishing rules applicable to fishing within the quoted fly fishing area in Storån.
- Fishing license is personal and may NOT be transferred.
- Fishing license must be carried while fishing.
- In Storån may only fly fishing be conducted. With fly fishing means fishing with a fly rod, fly line and fly. The hook must NOT be baited.
- The following catch limits and minimum sizes apply:
-The limit applies per license, per day, fish species. Trout: 1 fish over 35 cm.
- Fishing licenses must be bought by everyone over the age of 16. Persons under 16 are only allowed to fish on the same license that the accompanying parent.
- In cases where a fishing license is valid for multiple people the catch limit applies for the total of those who use fishing license.
- All fish that will not be retained shall gently and with minimal touch be unhooked.
- Fishing is only permitted from the shore. Wading is permitted where appropriate. Fishing from any form of flotation is forbidden.
- The fishing license for Storån also gives permit to fish in the water where "Dalafjällens Fishing permit" is valid.
It is furthermore not allowed to:
- Damage the ground or any geological objects.
- Injury living or dead trees and shrubs, fallen trees counted, or dig up plants or remove mosses and lichens.
- Make fire other than in designated areas.
- When drafting fire use no other than fallen branches or to reserve entailed own fuel or for the purpose of the place posted fuel.
- Camping except in designated areas.