- Price information: 130 SEK. Children under 12 years old free entrance.
- Phone: +46 0247-100 62
- Website: https://www.hildasholm.org/en
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visiting address: Klockaregatan 5 Postal Address: 793 31 Leksand
- Hours: 2020: 13/6-30/8 daily 10.00-17.00. Weekends in September guieded tours 11.00 & 12.00. Groups 1/5-15/10.
Hildasholm is a wedding gift from the doctor and writer Axel Munthe to his wife Hilda Pennington Mellor. The house was built in 1910 and here the interior of the family life in the house is preserved. Besides the house, the garden is widely known. In the summertime, the two-hectare nature park stands in full bloom and around the house there are many imaginative garden rooms. You can either choose to wander around on your own in the park and gardens or follow a guided tour of the house.
In Hildas Trädgårdscafé there are cookies, homemade fruit pies, farmyard ice cream from Leksand and light meals. There are seating both outdoors and indoors. It is also possible to get a a basket, so you can enjoy the coffee somewhere in the park.
Guided tours of the house summer 2020
A guided tour in English every day at 16.00 if pre-booked in advance. Swedish tours at 11.00, 12.00, 14.00 and 15.00. The tours are carried out in smaller groups.
Sculpture park summer 2020/b>
Four artists exhibit their sculptures in Hildasholm's park and gardens. The artists are Kjell Janson, Laila Orning, P-O Söderlund and Lotta-Maja Öhman.
The main building is not accessible for wheelchair users. However, some of the gardens are available.
For events during the summer see the website.
Faciliteter och service
- Accessible Parking
- WC facilities for disabled
- Culture Route