Rommehedslägret (Rommehed Barracks) and Dala Regiment Museums
- Mobile phone: ++4670-247 78 94
- Website: http://www.dalregementetsmuseer.se/
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visiting address: Rommehedslägret, Borlänge
- Opening hours: June-August: Sundays 1 pm-4 pm. Midsommer closed. September-May open first saturday of each month 1pm-4pm. Otherwise: By agreement.
Rommehed Barracks served as the Dala Regiment’s meeting-place and parade-ground between 1796 and 1908. Today an impressive monument set in attractive park surroundings. In the museum you get to meet the eager to fight rural farmer, the mercenary in the Carolinian army and his wife, foot-soldiers and officers from peacetime.
You will get a chance to learn about their lives. The museum is housed in the North Barracks, which previously served as billeting for the soldiers. Guided tours of Rommehed Barracks in the summer by appointment. Closed during midsummer.
Good to know
- Accessible Parking
- WC facilities for disabled