- Visiting address: Klenshyttevägen, 771 94 Ludvika
Situated halfway between Grängesberg and Ludvika is the Klenshyttan blast furnace, and nearby can be seen several beautiful homesteads.
It is widely held that Klenshyttan was founded by the descendants of Lars Rafvaldsson in Norrbo in the early 17th century. The blast furnace shut down in 1920.
The blast furnace and the roasting house have been well preserved, but the surrounding tapping house has gradually fallen into disrepair over the years, and only the slagbrick walls are still standing. At the side is a small lime kiln made of slagbricks.
The works is now owned by the town of Ludvika. Well signposted. Car parking, benches and toilet are available.